Storer Building Services Operator
Responsible for HVAC and mechanical building systems, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, control systems, pipe fitting, general maintenance repairs, and structural layouts
Reports to the SBS Field Supervisor at Storer Equipment Company
Essential Functions and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment per contractual assignments and ensuring customer satisfaction. (Primary responsibility for HVAC Systems – Secondarily responsible for Elevator, Emergency Generators, Specialty Doors, Fire Protection)
- Assists in servicing products and equipment on assigned facility projects (ex. Changing outdoor light bulbs, ballasts, small plumbing jobs, checking thermostats, building maintenance and repair as needed or assigned.)
- Uses power tools and computers.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs equipment, instruments and products at the customer’s location(s).
- Performs preventive maintenance and modifications as needed or requested by the customer.
- Seek out and submit Work Change Authorizations based on customer need.
- Ability to get along with others.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Keeps current on all HVAC products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair
- Provides technical support to customer
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning; or equivalent experience.
- EPA approved Universal Technician Certification
Skills and Experience
One year related experience and/or training
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, reach, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions/ high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Post Employment Training Required
Annual OSHA safety requirements.
Site specific safety requirements.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. At all times, employees will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a lower job level upon the request of the Supervisor. At all times, employees may also be required to perform higher levels of duties.