Responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of low temperature refrigeration systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, control systems, pipe fitting, and structural layouts.
Reports to Service Manager
Essential Functions and Duties (including, but not limited to)
- Responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Identify, analyze, and repair equipment, instruments and products at the customer’s location(s).
- Use a variety of hand-tools, following manuals and equipment information to diagnose and repair units.
- Apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure systems are functioning properly following repairs.
- Upgrade refrigeration systems to satisfy new regulations or standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Determine parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Use power tools and computers.
- Seek out and submit Work Change Authorizations based on customer need.
- Maintain company vehicle by keeping records of service manuals. Schedule with warehouse manager required maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams as needed.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Turn in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Keep current on all product offerings concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Provide technical support to customer.
- Ability to use provided software applications to document customer calls, labor and work performed.
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Refrigeration; or equivalent experience.
- EPA approved Universal Technician Certification
Skills and Experience
- Three or more years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, reach, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions/ high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather condition; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Post Employment Training Required
Annual OSHA safety requirements
Storer Technician Career Development Program