Filter Technician Assistant
Responsible for on-time delivery of filter services throughout the mill with emphasis on production related equipment.
- SBS Lead technician for direct job supervision at site.
- SBS Field Supervisor for training, development and time off coordination
- Service Manager for annual reviews, raises, policy questions, final chain of command
Essential Functions and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Use mobile tech daily for accurate entry of time and customer reporting requirements
- Perform filter service tasks to include:
- Knowledge of all equipment, equipment locations,
- Specific number of filters and sizes required at each location
- Knowledge of schedule and ability to perform to schedule
- Know all safety requirements involved in working in, on, or around equipment
- Perform all tasks independently, without direct instruction or assistance from others
- Prepare or direct preparation each morning for the day’s tasks in gathering equipment and materials/filters.
- Take direction from Filter Technician Lead (FTL) and be able to perform as lead with assistance from SBS Site Supervisor when necessary.
- Know all Area Managers where equipment is located and be able to communicate to/with Area Mangers:
- Work to be performed
- Work that has been performed, or
- Work that needs to be performed.
- FTA should be able to perform all filter changing tasks in the event of absence of FTL and be able to give instruction to individual who may be assigned to assist.
- Schedule filter services and determine priorities as to what needs to be done.
- Communicate with all Area Managers and Storer Services Technicians
- Order all replacement materials
- Assist with HVAC functions as directed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Driver’s License
Skills and Experience
- One to three years work experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of Ipad desired, but not required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to effectively communicate with others. The employee is required to operate a vehicle sporadically for periods of up to 4 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position works mostly in mechanical/equipment rooms and industrial work environments. Frequent outdoor travel is required between buildings. The employee will be required to climb, and is exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Post Employment Training Required
Annual OSHA safety requirements
This job description in no way implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. At all times, employees will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a lower job level upon the request of the Supervisor. At all times, employees may also be required to perform higher levels of duties.