Louisiana College Maintenance Technician
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds. Performs related duties as assigned.
Reports to Director of Facilities Management
Essential Functions and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Perform minor troubleshooting, repairs and adjustments on machinery, equipment or appliances as necessary
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failures or breakdowns
- Respond to maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner
- Make basic carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Perform touch up and finish painting
- Replace light bulbs
- Replace windows and door hardware
- Perform basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, cables, appliances and lighting systems
- Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks
- Follow all applicable safety rules and procedures
- High School Diploma or Graduation Equivalency Diploma
Skills and Experience
- Basic mechanical ability
- Ability to prioritize tasks in an environment of changing time constraints and deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, reach, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position requires working outdoors and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.