Outdoor Designs - Lawn Service Technician - Alexandria/Central Louisiana
Perform maintenance and cleanup of lawns and gardens at customer locations. Perform all tasks of operations including; but not limited to, mowing, line trimming, leaf and debris removal, weeding, edging, hedging, raking and mulch installation.
Essential Functions and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Perform grounds keeping maintenance and cleanup
- Mow lawn using either a push mower or riding lawnmower
- Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs and bushes
- Apply fertilizer to ground to enhance growth
- Sweep walkway of debris
- Cut tree limbs that pose a danger
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds
- Rake, mulch and prune grounds as needed
- Water plants and grass as needed
- Operate all equipment following safety guidelines
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Lawn care or landscape experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks in an environment of changing time constraints and deadlines
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, reach, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and ability to adjust focus.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position requires working outdoors and possible extreme weather conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.