Provide HVAC estimates including labor, materials and subcontractors required to complete minor and major repairs and equipment replacement through the service department.
Reports to Service Manager
Essential Functions and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Work closely with sales team, technicians and parts department to gather relevant cost information.
- Develop scope of work and materials list for all estimated jobs.
- Prepares work to be estimated from WCA’s RFQ’s, specifications and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material and time requirements from technician and sales account manager submittals.
- Conduct site visits to determine existing conditions applicable to the estimating process.
- Computes cost estimate by analyzing labor, material and time requirements for each project.
- Work closely with technicians, quality, training and safety leader, field technical supervisor, parts department and service manager to evaluate all costs related to the project.
- Works with sales manager to discuss gross margin, commission and final pricing.
- Prepares final estimate for sales team by assembling numerical and descriptive information in professional proposal format.
- Maintains cost data base for each estimated project with supporting documents.
- Maintains a data base for proposals generated along with supporting documents
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently in an organized fashion without direct supervision.
- Able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Able to maintain detailed records of customer data, jobs and historical sales information.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Participate in turnover and takeoff meetings as required
- High School Diploma or Graduation Equivalency Diploma
Skills and Experience
- Two years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, ERP and CRM systems.
- Must be a team player able to work effectively across departments.
- Must have working knowledge and understanding of mechanical systems, components and control systems.
- Working knowledge of HVAC principals and systems.
- Five years direct HVAC small project estimating and project management experience or equivalent field HVAC systems trouble shooting experience is preferred.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and use hands to operate computer keyboard, and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In frequent lifting between 25 pounds and 50 pounds may be necessary at times.
Additionally, navigation of job and customer sites is required including climbing to access equipment.
(The work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position could work in a variety of environments; from inside office to outdoors, mechanical/ equipment rooms and industrial work environments. Primary day to day requirements are accomplished inside at a desk. Occasional outdoor travel is required to visit customers. During visits to job sites, the employee is occasionally required to climb, and is exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Post Employment Training Required
Annual OSHA safety requirements
Product and application training
Vendor selection and pricing software training.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. At all times, employees will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a lower job level upon the request of the Supervisor. At all times, employees may also be required to perform higher levels of duties.